Saturday, September 4, 2010

Namaste

   Something back in the trees runs away as we go back to the road.  Probably a deer spooked by our passage.  Our conversation becomes animated as  we feel deep in  our hearts  a sense of well-being at being in this place and this now moment, which, ultimately means we are in the heart of God.
   The breeze continues to whisper through the leave above us, adding a mysterious dimension to this now moment!  If you listen closely you can almost pick out a melody.
   Last time I used a word I have never used before.  It just sprang forth as I contemplated the beauty of our surroundings and came in touch with the Oneness of us all.  The word is "Namaste!"
   Namaste (nahmah-stay) is a word from Sanskrit and is associated traditionally with the Hindu system of faith and belief.  Because of it's meaning it finds its way into the lives of many as a greeting, a salutation.  Several meanings have been put forth by people from all faiths and belief systems, but they are all essentially the same as they seek to honor others by acknowledging the presence of the Creative Source of All Things in that person,
   Sometimes I get overwhelmed by the beauty that is everywhere around us and feelings leap up and out and that's where the beautiful word came from.  It says so much to me and speaks so eloquently for me.
   When I use that word what I am saying is, "My love,joy and peace that pours forth from the depths of my heart   honors the love, joy and peace that pours forth from your heart!"  As we feel this sense of love and joy toward each other despite our differences, and honor it, we are really, really  One
   Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment